Gramp Camp 2025, Featuring two Volcanoes and some really big trees..

Gramp Camp 2025
Each summer we are privileged to spend two weeks with our grandson, William.  This year we picked him up in Sacramento, drove up the California and Oregon Coasts and ended in Everett, Washington at the Boeing Factory.  Gramp Camp 2025 divided itself into three parts : (1) Volcanoes, (2) The Oregon Coast, and (3) Air Museums.   We added some detours, and another bit was dedicated to a trip down memory lane for me -- we covered a lot of my childhood landscape.   

So welcome to the amazing GrampCamp 2025.   Whatever is written in italics was written by me-- In regular font, by William.  
The Original Starbucks in Seattle


NOTE:  With apologies to William, who wrote a lot of the GrampCamp 2025 posts,  some of William's writing about our first couple of days  has been lost-- not sure how.  I'm adding a couple of things here to replace it.  Anything William wrote is in regular font, and anything I have added or written is in Italics.  

Gramp Camp started in the Sacramento California airport.  He, reportedly with three other children flying as unaccompanied minors, had a great time on the trip from Phoenix.   William reported that they serenaded the landing with "California Girl" after a flight of bartering all the carefully chosen snacks each of their moms had packed.    I'm betting the flight attendants were ready to deliver them to those of us waiting.   

At the Museum of Science and Curiosities in Sacramento -- great place!  Saw a Laser Show. 


Walked through 'Old Sac' -- a recreation of how Sacramento was in the gold rush days.  Kind of silly, but we had a great dinner followed by a milkshake.



We found some sugar pine cones on our way to Lassen Volcanic National Park which William said took at least 5 hours.... it didn't....


When I asked him if he learned anything at Lassen.  He answered with a firm NO!  Then he reconsidered and said something about mud that wasn't a funeral.  (fumeroles)



Snowball fights with Granddad-- the most fun.  The average snow fall here and at Crater Lake is about 40 feet.  There's still some around in July.


Setting up the tent for the 'boys' at Lassen.  



Picking up after the blog sections that were lost!


WELCOME BACK TO WILLIAM'S SUPA DUPA COOL GOSSIP STORY TIME 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 

From Lassen to Redwood National Park-- a large detour on our Volcano tour, but William really wanted to see the Redwoods.


THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME WE TOUCHED THE SAND ON A PACIFIC BEACH DURING GRAMP CAMP!!

We kinda had fun... we stayed there for like 10 mins! THE WATER WAS FREEZING!!! I am suing California.


THEN WE WENT TO THESE SUPA AWESOME BIG TREES.  (Redwood National Park)


HERE I WAS BEING DUMB AND TRIED TO CLIMB IT😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😱😱😱

Back to the Cascades we went, this time is Oregon, to see Crater Lake.  We arrived just at sunset and sort of wandered around trying to find our campsite at Mazama.  Turns out it was one of the park entrances!  Very nice campsite, but the tent was not put up in the dark.   We all slept in Baby and we're just fine.

THIS WAS CARTER LAKE IT WAS VERY BIG AND DEEPπŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…  (and very blue)

The phantom ship was being very slay that day πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…

This pic of a alpha lake was well... alpha πŸ’†

Another long drive through the Cascades brought us to a lovely County park, Armitage Park, near Eugene, Oregon.  Chosen for camping because it is a park where I (Cindy), as a teenager,  may or may not have spent afternoons instead of picking beans.

THIS THING WAS OUR SUPA DUPA COOL TENT. This time I was not cold. Which was supa dupa good!!! I just found a emoji sooooo I am going to show you. CAT FACE WITH WRY SMILE!!😼


   WOYAYA

Comments